Decorating our Tree during the ice storm


We are finally getting into Christmas at our house. We got a tree this weekend and put up our decorations. C wanted to help so much but he was afraid the tree would poke him so he would point to where he wanted the ornament and we would have to put it up for him. I love decorating the tree. It seems like a stroll down memory lane every time I put up all those ornaments from when I was young. Every year I sound like an old fart telling stories about each one. We only have 2 broken one's this year so far, I hope it stays that way.

We have has some bad weather here, I know in the Midwest who would have thought! On Friday and Saturday we had an ice storm that was pretty good. We had about an inch of ice all over everything. It's beautiful but man is it a pain. I'd take snow any day over ice. They are predicting a huge ice storm tonight and all day tomorrow! Yeah, more scraping. Cabin fever is a huge problem here. Luckily we have Dish Network!

Comments

Tam said…
Hope you enjoy your storm. We are snowing right now.

Oh and I lived up to my end of the bargain and now it is your turn... You know what I am talking about!!!
Anonymous said…
Syndy,

HOORAY, you allow for anonymous comments!!!!! For some reason we are the only family in the world not to have created a blog. Russ seems to think that we have enough going on and is pretty adamant against the whole blog thing. However, with our two kids (almost 3) there is an endless source of material.

Your family is just so stinkin' cute.

I am sorry to hear that you have had nasty weather. At least you can enjoy a white Christmas. Here, ours will be white with smog... or fog if we get lucky. The temperature today is to be a lovely 60 degrees, I know it sounds like heaven, but it feels like spring.

Willow
The Queen Bee said…
So glad to hear from you Willow. I have to admit the blog was a response to peer pressure and being 2000 miles away from family. It's been really fun and I would love to see your fam. Tell Russ hello for us.
Jenn said…
Yikes about your storm, but the tree is cute, LOL!
karen said…
Your tree looks great. If I had to choose over ice or snow I would choose snow but I really would like sun. Im a true cali girl and dont want anymore snow. We got outta here before our huge snow storm last week.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up