Tag I'm IT!!!
Ok so now I've been tagged. I think maybe I'll learn some things about myself today too. I guess there are rules to this, the sad thing is I don't have 6 blogging friends to tag back so I'll just ramble about myself for a minute.
1. I love to watch Bull Riding. It is the best sport on the planet. I get all crazy like those men who watch football and start screaming at the TV. I can watch for hours and completely ignore my family. The PBR is the best. I haven't been to watch live bull riding yet but I must confess I would love to sit in the front row,and be right in the action, I wouldn't even mind the bull spit.
2. Most of you know I love reading. My favorite books to read are Mystery Novels. My favorite mystery author is Sue Grafton. She writes novels for every letter of the alphabet. I read A-S in about 3 months and T came out a few days ago and I'm dying to go and get it.
3. I love to sew. I mean really love it. I think the sound of my sewing machine is beautiful and the best sound in the world (next to my children laughing). Chris says I'm addicted to sewing machines, I have about 6, and 1 serger. My most beautiful machine is my 401, it's gorgeous! I sew often, I have a pretty good business going making custom purses and diaper bags, it's my passion.
4. Ok so this is a biggie, I don't like scrapbooking. Please don't boycott my blog just for this reason. I think scrap books are great and beautiful, I just don't have the time or money to sink in and get the results I want. I'd rather spend my dinero on fabric or ribbon. Here goes the big confession... all my pictures are in boxes in my sewing room! Not even sorted! I know, the shame, and me being Mormon and all.
5. Illinois is a lot different from California in lots of ways. One huge way is the trash. I don't mean we have a lot of littering or anything, but the rule here is on trash day you put your trash on the curb and what the neighbors don't take the trash men will. I'm not talking about your used cans, or dinner leftovers, but furniture, building materials, toys, exercise equipment, etc. You can literally put anything on the curb... and I am addicted to driving really slow past piles of stuff to see what can be salvaged. I've gotten some pretty good things from the curb. Our whole patio set is from the curb, and I got the kids a practically new art easel. Just the other day we put an old BBQ out in the snow and one of our neighbors came and got it. Sometimes, I have to admit, that I wait until after dark to go get something especially if it's on my block.
6. My last and final thing is... I am so cheap. Chris makes fun of some people for how cheap they are, but deep down I am right there with them. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. I garage sale like crazy in the spring and summer. Here in Il garage sales start on Friday mornings , sometimes on Thursday nights, so I take K to school get O and C breakfast they can eat in the car and head out searching for that great deal. We started a babysitting Co-op here and sometimes I'm lucky and someone is on duty on Friday morning so I can go kidless! My friend had a Stampin' Up party a few weeks ago and I bought $40.00 worth of stamps, (I don't like scrapbooking but card making is way cool) by the time I got home I was so sick I thought I was gonna puke. I almost called my friend and had her cancel my order but my hubby is great and doesn't bat an eye when I spend money, he made me keep the stamps.
So now you know all my dirty little secrets, wellll maybe not all of them. This was actually fun. Nothing better to do on a snowy morning in the Midwest! Hope you all have a lovely warm day.
1. I love to watch Bull Riding. It is the best sport on the planet. I get all crazy like those men who watch football and start screaming at the TV. I can watch for hours and completely ignore my family. The PBR is the best. I haven't been to watch live bull riding yet but I must confess I would love to sit in the front row,and be right in the action, I wouldn't even mind the bull spit.
2. Most of you know I love reading. My favorite books to read are Mystery Novels. My favorite mystery author is Sue Grafton. She writes novels for every letter of the alphabet. I read A-S in about 3 months and T came out a few days ago and I'm dying to go and get it.
3. I love to sew. I mean really love it. I think the sound of my sewing machine is beautiful and the best sound in the world (next to my children laughing). Chris says I'm addicted to sewing machines, I have about 6, and 1 serger. My most beautiful machine is my 401, it's gorgeous! I sew often, I have a pretty good business going making custom purses and diaper bags, it's my passion.
4. Ok so this is a biggie, I don't like scrapbooking. Please don't boycott my blog just for this reason. I think scrap books are great and beautiful, I just don't have the time or money to sink in and get the results I want. I'd rather spend my dinero on fabric or ribbon. Here goes the big confession... all my pictures are in boxes in my sewing room! Not even sorted! I know, the shame, and me being Mormon and all.
5. Illinois is a lot different from California in lots of ways. One huge way is the trash. I don't mean we have a lot of littering or anything, but the rule here is on trash day you put your trash on the curb and what the neighbors don't take the trash men will. I'm not talking about your used cans, or dinner leftovers, but furniture, building materials, toys, exercise equipment, etc. You can literally put anything on the curb... and I am addicted to driving really slow past piles of stuff to see what can be salvaged. I've gotten some pretty good things from the curb. Our whole patio set is from the curb, and I got the kids a practically new art easel. Just the other day we put an old BBQ out in the snow and one of our neighbors came and got it. Sometimes, I have to admit, that I wait until after dark to go get something especially if it's on my block.
6. My last and final thing is... I am so cheap. Chris makes fun of some people for how cheap they are, but deep down I am right there with them. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. I garage sale like crazy in the spring and summer. Here in Il garage sales start on Friday mornings , sometimes on Thursday nights, so I take K to school get O and C breakfast they can eat in the car and head out searching for that great deal. We started a babysitting Co-op here and sometimes I'm lucky and someone is on duty on Friday morning so I can go kidless! My friend had a Stampin' Up party a few weeks ago and I bought $40.00 worth of stamps, (I don't like scrapbooking but card making is way cool) by the time I got home I was so sick I thought I was gonna puke. I almost called my friend and had her cancel my order but my hubby is great and doesn't bat an eye when I spend money, he made me keep the stamps.
So now you know all my dirty little secrets, wellll maybe not all of them. This was actually fun. Nothing better to do on a snowy morning in the Midwest! Hope you all have a lovely warm day.
Comments
I have never gotten something off the curb but Joyce has gotten things for me and they were good stuff. Maybe I should try it. I guess I am always afraid of getting caught!
I'm right there with ya' on the scrapbooking, though. I prefer to do it digitally.
Who knew we were practically twins?! I thought I was the only oddity who like to watch bull riding. However, I am not so fond of bull spit, so I don't think the front row would be for me.
Also, I don't scrapbook... too much time/money/sanity required for such things. Since we got a digital camera, all of our photos are burned onto CDs. I prefer albums, but until we get a printer or treck to a Long's, CDs are what we have.
I have finally, after 10 years, managed to convince Russ that I am frugal with our funds, not "cheap-a@#." It is so bad, I could spend a million dollars and he wouldn't care because he would figure it must have been something we needed at the best possible price. Hmmm, perhaps being financially conservasative is just the vehical I have been looking for to open new spending doors. =)
I can't sew to save my life, but I do embroider very well. Oh, and since I know facts about you but not vice-versa, I'll share a bit of randomness...
I don't have a gag reflex. Some people know this as it is a great/gross party trick to practically swallow a table knife (butter of course... not a steak knife). Russ's gag reflex more than makes up for my lack thereof; he can hardly hold a pen in his mouth without nearly ralphing.
Geepers, with comments this long you may want to block anonymous persons again. They can ramble forever!! =)
Willow