Anniversary Saga

Well I mentioned in my tagging that our anniversary was last week, the 28th to be exact. Every year we take turns planning the festivities. Chris has the odd years and I have the even years. Sometimes we have the kiddies tagging along and sometimes it's a little more elaborate. This year was a biggie for us 10 years! So I wanted to plan something a little special. The plan was to go to Chicago to the Temple, then head downtown and hit The Melting Pot for dinner and maybe some shopping on Michigan Ave.

Well, we got to the temple right on time for our noon session and as I got out of the car I realized that I had no purse, which means in LDS terms no recommend. So we ended up shopping at the distribution center for much needed necessities and then heading down town for lunch. It was only about 27 degrees and windy as heck so shopping was out of the question. We ended up having lunch at The Melting Pot and it was divine, if you ever get the chance to go to one jump on it. We drove home and did some kidless shopping in our local Target and then headed to our friend's house and picked up the kids.

All in all it was a good day. 4 hours in the car to talk and chat uninterrupted was great. Here's to another 10 years!!

Comments

Leasa said…
I'm glad you guys had a good day. I know that anytime Chris and I have time away from the kids, it's fabulous! We love our kids and all, but it's just nice to have quality time together without anyone needing something from us. Many a date night we've ended up at Target just to shop in peace.
The Peets said…
Happy anniversary!! It will be ten years for us too in Aug. Thanks for the technical advice. Its great to be back in touch with you guys!!
The Peets said…
Happy anniversary!! I will be ten years for us this year too. Time flys! Thanks for the technical advice. Its great to be back in touch. I've been to Chicago a couple of times - once in December. Cool city but oh that wind. My face felt chapped.
Jenn said…
Aww... sorry things didn't work out according to plan, but still, it sounds fun!

A few years ago, my younger brother asked Mark to be his escort for his endowment. We were living in Modesto, CA at that time, and my brother was planning to go through the Snowflake, AZ Temple. The night before we were supposed to leave, Mark left his planner (with all of his ID, CCs, etc in it) in a shopping cart at Safeway. And of course, it was a Safeway clear across town from where we lived. We got home from a BUNCH of errands at 10 PM, only to realize it was missing (and we were supposed to be leaving at 5 AM). Thank heaven some honest person turned it in, though he had to drive clear back across town to get it!
Tam said…
I am glad you had a great number 10!!! Our 10 year is in June and I am not really sure what we are going to do. I have a family reunion the following weekend so we may end up just doing something in New Mexico!! You never know.
Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding. It was the first time I went to the temple for a sealing. Went with JC and fam. (waited outside of course! lol)But it was beautiful!
Jen Wolff said…
Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like a nice night!! Target dates, who can ask for anything more? I just can't wait till Jared is 15 (less than 5 years from now, yikes!) so he can babysit!!
The Queen Bee said…
15 huh? I'm not waiting that long. 12 and she's got her first gig. Between you and me she's already good for about 20 minutes on her own
karen said…
Im waiting for AN to be 10 to watch the kids. I remember watching the Strains kids at 10 years old. I think they were the only ones I babysat for 2 years. I think between last year and this year many of us are hitting 10 years. Ours was last november and we bought a house. Go figure. Im glad you had time to just talk. We need that some times.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up