Do you ever feel like your kids are raising you?
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, destructive children! My kids are awful, they have the nicest toys and books around and treat them like they are disposable. I have friends that give us toys and they look like brand new, and they say things like "All four of my kids used this and now they've out grown it". If all three of my kids used a toy it's going to look like it belongs in the garbage, not suitable for other children to play with. Anyway we have been working on this for the last few weeks and even have had family talks about "respecting" your things, and other people's things. The new rule " if you disrespect something of yours it gets taken away for a week, if you disrespect someone else's things then they get to go and pick something of yours to get taken away". Well after a long winded family talk, mostly me doing the talking my kids have been on the watch.
The other day Winston was scratching at my furniture, I grabbed the first thing I could reach which was one of the kids books and chucked it at the cat. C walked around the corner and said, "OOOOH mommy you are not aspecting my things". I hate it when they are right!
The other day Winston was scratching at my furniture, I grabbed the first thing I could reach which was one of the kids books and chucked it at the cat. C walked around the corner and said, "OOOOH mommy you are not aspecting my things". I hate it when they are right!
Comments