Friendship Dinner

Well not much has been going on here lately. Spring break was kind of a dud. K was sick for a couple of days and our weather was rainy and dreary. Friday I finally got fed up and took the kids to Sam's Club for lunch (I know cheapskate) and we went and walked around the Mall. It was nice to just get out of the house.

Saturday was much of the same, I had a General YW Conference to go to and it was really good. Even though it was geared toward the YW it was a huge reminder to me that we are never alone and our Father in Heaven is always a prayer away. Sometimes I just need an extra pick-me-up.

Yesterday we had a Friendship Dinner at our house. I know it sounds kinda cheesy but ended up being really fun. The Elders Quorum in our ward started the Friendship Dinner's. How it works is each month a family in the ward is asked to host and they are given a list of 3 families to invite and sometime during the month you have a dinner with those families (at the same time) and it's pot luck. We were given 3 families that we knew but hadn't really been social with before. One of them is my Secretary, and the other is my Beehive Advisor, and the other was one of Chris' home teaching families. All of us women knew each other but the husbands didn't. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we did it because I feel like we made a whole new set of friends.
We grilled and had yummy food, and the kids had a blast playing in the yard.

I just hope that we get invited to a friendship dinner too.

Well we are back to the grindstone here with school back in session. Maybe I'll have more exciting stuff to post later in the week.

Comments

Tam said…
That sounds like a lot of fun. What a good way to get the ward together. I could really use something like that here - I am hitting my year mark soon and I still feel like a visitor.
Anonymous said…
Syndy -- I was tagged by Jen. Thanks for the comment space. =)

D-A-N

N -- Nice. Okay, it is totally cheesy. However, a few years ago around New Year's I realized that I not as nice a person as I should be. I made a conscious "resolution" to be more kind, compassionate, genuine, and all around nice. Don't get me wrong, I am still obnoxious as ever. Now I just try to see the goodness in others and commend/recognize it as often as possible. SO, if I happen to pay a compliment I sincerely hope that the recipient knows that I mean it in all honesty.

Willow

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up