Birthday Week Synopsis
Well today I think we are finally finished with the week long Birthday festivities. On Monday Penny was still here and we had a birthday party for K and Chris. There were 4 different desserts and gifts. K wanted the Harry Potter series of books. They are quite expensive so I started my bargain hunting. I got on eBay and found used books for a song. I bid on them and won. When they got to the house they were in perfect condition. They had never even been opened. I couldn't wait until her real birthday (I would have totally blown that secret). So that day I did a scavenger hunt and she had to find the books hidden all around the house. Then on Wednesday, which was K's actual birthday, I took cupcakes to her class at school. Today there was no school so we decided to have her birthday party today. She invited friends from school and church. All of them were girls except for one. He was pretty skeptical at first but once they got to playing it didn't really matter.






We had cupcakes, homemade pizza, and played games.
I was glad my friend Kim came to help and Chris stayed home to be there too. It was a lot of work, more than I had anticipated. I'm glad we limited the guest list. Everyone she invited showed up, I was really excited for her. O has already started planning her party.
There was a lot of jumping on the trampoline! Thank goodness for that.
C and O were not allowed on the trampoline while the big kids were on so C took to "shooting" at them from on top of the deck!
The theme of the party was a Backwards Party. I sent out thank you cards for invitations, with the printing in reverse. Everyone wore their clothes backward and we decorated in every holiday, almost, except for birthday. We even put the gifts under a Christmas tree!
K got lots of great goodies. O was only slightly jealous.
Comments