Murder at the Clark's

Last night we had a Murder Mystery dinner at our house. Chris' friend from work John, brought his friends, Ellen, Cathy, and Ross to our house for dinner and Murder Under the Big Top. The whole night was a Circus theme, hence the pole and tent like streamers in the middle of our living room. (now you can drag your minds out of the gutter)

Chris was Sven Garlic, a hypnotist, ventriloquist with his puppet Benny. (we only had a rooster puppet so that's what Benny ended up being) I was Raisa Legova the trapeze artist, fortune teller, tractor driving, mechanic. I just decided to play up the fortune teller aspect of my character, I don't think anyone would have bought into me being a trapeze artist. It was so fun dressing up and playing a part. I even had to read my part with a Russian accent and Chris read his with a Swedish accent mixed with Dutch and Indian (don't ask)

The kids thought it was so great that I was dressing up. I don't usually do Halloween or anything so this was a treat. After I got all dressed I realized that I had to take the kids to my friends house for the party and I was going to have to drive there dressed as a fortune teller. That wasn't the hard part. The weather was so nice that ALL my neighbors were outside in their yards and our cars were parked outside because we were unloading food storage. I was too embarrassed to go out dressed that way so I had Chris pull the van as far as he could into the garage so I didn't have to go to the front yard. All my friend Sharon said when I got to her house was "NICE".

Anyway we had a great time at our mystery dinner. By the end of the night I realized that I was the most likely suspect for the killing and when it came time to voice your pick for murderer I was pretty sure that it was me. Low and Behold it was! Chris was teasing me that he was scared to sleep with the murderer and I told him I was more scared to sleep with Benny! Benny ended up being the best part of the night Chris can really play a creepy part well! (sorry honey)

We are looking forward to doing this again.

Comments

Tam said…
How fun - it looks like everyone really got into it. I haven't done a party like that since I was prego with K. Maybe when we get together again we can plan something.
Leasa said…
How fun is that! I went to a "How to Host a Murder" gathering way back in the young adult days at Liza's house. That had to be the best dinner party ever! I have been looking for something like that to do to get to know some of the couples that are in our ward. I would love to know where you got it!
karen said…
Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the pictures
Anonymous said…
How COOL!!! I want to play!!

Willow

WHy am I not altogether surprised that Chris can do creepy so well? =)
Jenn said…
Looks like SO much fun! Makes me miss you guys, LOL.
The Queen Bee said…
Chris' friend John brought it for us to play. I think you can download them from the internet. I don't think they are free though.
Eliza said…
I love these parties. We have hosted them a couple of times and they are always fun!! Love the costume too where did you get that huge pole?
The Queen Bee said…
The pole we got from Lowe's. It from the carpet dept. They gave it to us for free! Oh and to answer Willow's next question, no we did not keep it!
Karrie said…
Fun! maybe when we have a house...

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up