Shake It Up

When we moved here to Illinois we thought we had left the earthquakes behind for Tornado's, I guess we were wrong. This morning at 4:35 we had an earthquake. It was centered about 170 miles south east of us and was 5.4. So it wasn't very strong here but we did feel it. It woke Chris, Penny, and I up but the kids slept right through.

Chris was laughing at me this morning because I said, " Now I feel like it's really home!" He said I wouldn't feel that way if we had a tornado. Actually it has always felt like home but the earthquake just took the cake. All my Illinois friends will definitely be kidding me from now on. Maybe I brought the earthquakes with me!

Comments

The Peets said…
I saw that you guys were shaken up. Glad you are fine.
Anonymous said…
Ya it must have been you! Remember we were just talking about this last week walking!!! You said you could handle an earthquake better than a tornado so your wish was granted!! LOL

I didn't wake up but I felt something. Now I know what it was!!
Tam said…
There is nothing like a good earthquake. Especially if the center is 150 miles away!!! So far all we have here is horrible wind.

I didn't know that Penny was in town. Maybe she brought them with her!!! We really need to get on the phone and spend all day catching up!!! luv ya
Jen Wolff said…
I hate earthquakes! Little ones are manageable, but I've been in a few above 4.0. What's going on in IL.? Snowing in late Spring and now earthquakes? Maybe a tornado is next.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up