O Registers For School
Today was Kindergarten registration for O. She was really excited about going. I kept telling her that it was going to be boring, just filling out papers and paying the registration (don't get me started on that subject, it's for anther rant post another time). She was still really excited about going. Since I thought it was going to be boring I didn't take a camera or anything. Well when we got there they took the kids while I filled out forms and paid (GRRRR) and had them coloring fun papers and taking an assessment test to see what they knew. She had a blast and did not want to leave. Her friend E was also there and they are hoping to be put into the same class. It's not like Ca where you can request teachers and classes. The Principal actually asked that we not ask for teachers. So now she's official and ready to start in August (except for the supplies, that's another rant) Mommy is really excited about the new school year.
Comments
We have had an interesting experience with Gordon's school. I like the school, Russell loathes many of the policies. I mean, I understand that Gordon is bored at school and because of No CHild Left Behind his teacher can only do so much to supplement his learning. What do you do with a kid that scores 100% on every test given during the year (district and class), but is socially not ready to be advanced a grade, entertains his classmates with wacky antics, and does not always complete classwork because it is just so easy? We are hoping that he will test into GATE and find more challenging work there.
Willow
Hey Willow, if one day I am a stay at home mom, I want to home school. My second oldest is gifted and my oldest is well above avg. I am lucky as my friends are their teachers and the will differentiate the curriculum for my kids/other high or low kids. That's why I pick them (employee perk). NCLB has done more harm than good and from what we are hearing it is dying a slow death (crowd cheering). I have to agree w/ Syndy, Once 4th grade hits, the whole student responsibility thing makes it rough on the kiddies and the are challenged in different ways (which is good).
Willow, if you had a blog, I'd leave this comment there:0) Luv ya!