The Queen Mother

I hope all the mom's out there had a great Mother's Day. I had a good one. I always love Mother's Day. It's the only holiday where I get to be in front of the camera with bedhead and pj's. My morning started out with gifts. I got great stuff this year. C gave me flowers to plant in my yard, O bought paint for the family room downstairs and the hallway and made a plaster hand print at school, and K bought me 2 small paintings and a bookmark. They were all really excited to give gifts. It makes me feel good that they love giving gifts as much as they like receiving them.
Of course the best gift of all is always Dad doing the cooking. We had a yummy feast of eggs, bacon, and potato's!
The children all brought home gifts from church too. O made me a great crown complete with jewels. I wore it all day. K thought I was just being nice and was making fun of O, but I quickly reminded her of the necklace she brought home from Kindergarten for me that I had to wear to WORK all day! You have got to love the homemade gifts they are the best! At church we had some really great talks in Sacrament meeting, and at the end they gave us mom's a geranium plant to take home. so I have tons of things to plant in my yard today. Thank goodness it stopped raining.

Comments

Jen Wolff said…
Looks like you had a great day! I think Mother's Day should be a weekly event!!!!
Tam said…
I love the homemade stuff... Kessa was really into it this year. I got "gifts" all week. It was really special and REALLY made up for last year!!!
Anonymous said…
Happy Mother's Day!!! Man I am totally jealous of the crown though! LOL :-)
Leasa said…
So glad to hear that you had such a nice Mother's Day! Mine was wonderful as well. It made me feel like my family does really appreciate me. I'm constantly of the opinion that they don't notice what I do. What a fabulous payoff when they do!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up