Spring is Here! and True Confessions!
Well a green thumb has never been my specialty. I really am horrible at maintaining plants of ANY kind. The only thing I was able to successfully grow in Ca was African Violets and I am glad to say they are still thriving here in IL (at least the ones that made the trip 2000 miles) When we looked for a house here one of the main criteria was an easy to maintain landscape, mostly just mowing and a little pruning and I'm OK. Our final walk through was funny because the woman who lived here went around the entire yard and told me each and every plant that was growing and you could tell she was proud of her garden. I didn't have the heart to tell her that by next year most of it would probably be dead or dying because of my lack of gardening skills. Well that spring miraculously (not by any of my doing) the yard bloomed very nicely. Penny came, thank goodness, before all the plants were bloomed and told me what to trim and what was not weeds. Otherwise I fear that most of the bulbs and such would have been yanked just because of my lack of knowledge. This year has been good also. Now I know what is growing in my yard and I frankly just copy the neighbors. If she prunes, I prune, if she cuts things back in the fall I go the same day and cut my things back. (I'm kind of a nosy neighbor) This year our lilacs bloomed, last year we had a late freeze that stunted all blooms, and I have 3 LARGE bushes of them.
Now comes the true confessions part. I am a blog lurker by nature. As much as I am nosy with my neighbors I am worse when it comes to blogs. I have wandered onto Eliza's mom's blog and I love reading it. She has the funniest things to say and always has great insight into her life and the world. I don't know her very well but have met her several times. She is hysterical. Well the pictures she had the other day of the flowers in the hills inspired me to snap some pics of my flowers in my yard. They are not as spectacular as the wild flowers in the mountains but they are my own little part of the canvas.
Enjoy my pics of the lilacs and tulips from my yard.

Now comes the true confessions part. I am a blog lurker by nature. As much as I am nosy with my neighbors I am worse when it comes to blogs. I have wandered onto Eliza's mom's blog and I love reading it. She has the funniest things to say and always has great insight into her life and the world. I don't know her very well but have met her several times. She is hysterical. Well the pictures she had the other day of the flowers in the hills inspired me to snap some pics of my flowers in my yard. They are not as spectacular as the wild flowers in the mountains but they are my own little part of the canvas.
Enjoy my pics of the lilacs and tulips from my yard.
Comments
It is good to know that I am not alone in my stalking.
Willow
I love your flowers though. You did a great job.