I LOVE Fireflies

Every summer I forget how much I love seeing the Fireflies here. They are amazing. Tonight I tried getting a picture of one, yeah that was funny, the crazy California lady trying to photograph lightning bugs! Tonight is so beautiful, clear, cool about 70 degrees, and the fireflies are out in force. Chris and I are sitting on the deck (on our own computers, we are a modern couple) and enjoying the night, smelling the neighbors grilling, and listening to early fireworks and crickets, oh the sounds and smells of summer. Luckily the mosquito's aren't too bad! All we are missing are the rocking chairs!

Comments

Whacky Wheelers said…
It has been a beautiful week here in Blooming Normal! We set up a table and have been working on a puzzle outside because it is so nice. It could stay this way all Summer, but I think my bubble is going to burst next week . . . when the real Summer hits!
Merrimom said…
I'm just a tad bit jealous...there is no sitting outside here in Phoenix. It's about 115 most days and barely hits 90 in the middle of the night! Enjoy your cooler weather while it lasts!
I am just a little jealous our swamp cooler is still running because it is still over 100 degrees outside!
The Queen Bee said…
Growing up our stake was the Ridgecrest Stake and I remember how hot it got there. If we used a swamp cooler here our whole house would be soaking wet since we have about 70+% humidity all summer! That's what make it miserable here in the summer.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up