My week for funny kid stuff.
K and I decided to start our own book club this summer. She is reading a novel that we got from the library in the kids section. I started reading it and it was really pretty good, but I got side tracked and only got to about chapter 3. Sometimes she gets stuck on a word and spells it aloud to me so I can help her. Yesterday she was stuck and spelled a word to me (mind you the whole family was in the living room, siblings and all) the word was s-p-e-r-m! She knew how to pronounce it but was wondering what it meant. I asked for the book to see what context it was used in and luckily it was being used in a game of Scrabble so it could have been a Sperm Whale, which is how I chose to present it to her. She was fine with that answer until today when she came to me and asked what the word really meant because she did not believe my answer.
I learned a valuable lesson today. Pre-read your kids selections if possible, even if they come from the "children's section".
I learned a valuable lesson today. Pre-read your kids selections if possible, even if they come from the "children's section".
Comments