When will the bloodshed end?
Could this cute, cuddly, playful kitty be the most ruthless hunter on the block? YES! Winston is a very good mouser except he doesn't just stick to mice. Last fall he caught his first baby bunny (in the picture below) It lived and was released back into the wild the same day. In the last week he has brought us a mouse (alive), a teenage bunny (alive) and another tiny baby bunny (not so alive). The mouse he let go in our master bathroom, it was a booger to catch but I was successful and took it to the park and let it go. Then a few days later he brought in a bunny and let it go in our room! It hopped all over the place, those little guys are fast, and I finally caught it in our bathroom (again). Last night he was very interested in hanging out in K and O's room and it made me very curious, but I didn't investigate. A few minutes later O came in crying that there was a dead bunny in her room, sure enough it was toast. She could not sleep in her room last night she was afraid to have "bunny dreams". 
This bunny from last fall was tiny only 4 inches. He's also brought us birds both alive and dead. I was cooking dinner one night a had a bird fly so close to my face I could feel the wind in it's wings. I'm still waiting for him to bring in a duck or goose, that would be interesting. Keeping him in the house all night is not a possibility because he cries all night. Days like today I wish for winter, he won't step outside all winter!
Comments