4th of July


I hope all had a great 4th of July. We spent the day with family and grilling. My brother and his family came up to see us. The kids had a great time playing with my nephew E. We set up the pool, and shot off some fireworks.


We had a ton of fireworks and it took a while to get through all of them. The kids were really excited about it. E was really scared about the noise (and the fact my brother is a Pyro and "modified" a piccolo pete and it shot straight at E and my mom) so he went in the house and watched through the window with his mom. My kids love the fireworks but hate the noise so the whole time they had their ears covered.


When we were all done with the fireworks we went inside and were talking and C came over and said "Mommy, something is on fire outside" sure enough one of our huge fountain fireworks had recaught fire and was flaming. My dad and Bryan went out to "put it out" and ended up tossing all the other used fireworks on the fire and having themselves a small bon fire. (it was actually really small) The kids were of course outside watching and soon all the neighborhood kids (all of them were boys) were out around the fire sticking things in it and poking at it. Dad and Bryan would not tell the kids to keep out of the fire so I had to go out there and make everyone get back. I swear all boys are pyros.


We had a great day, my grandma and John came too and I think everyone had a good day. Today we are off to the movies! Fun Fun!

O and E spent some time in the wash basin. I could not convince Trina (My SIL) that hose water was as good as a bath. I know it's all very Redneck Hick.

Comments

Midwest Keech said…
SO cute! Looks like you're having a great time. Enjoy! We miss ya.
Jen Wolff said…
Looks like you're having a great vacation! How long are you here for?

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up