A Little More Emotion Than I Had Planned On

Today is O's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited for this day to come. I know yesterday I said I was taking her to school on her first day but she insisted she wanted to ride the bus. No, letting mommy have her moment. That's O though. She has been independent from the get go. She loves to be snuggled and held, but when it comes to shyness there is none. I walked both of them to the bus stop this morning and took some pictures, again the only mom with a camera. Do you suppose I have BLOGGER written all over my face? Anyway I threatened K that if O got lost while in her care she was in trouble. Her instructions this morning were to take her sister directly to the kindergarten line and make sure there is an adult there to watch her. I was doing great until I got home and called Chris to let him know she was on the bus and then I broke down.

O has been the one that has stayed small the longest, if that makes sense. She was so much smaller than the others (I know it's all relative) and was such a great baby. It seems like it has taken her a long time to grow up. K seemed to be born grown up. I know I'll be alright. C and I are just going to have to get used to it. He's pretty content in his room right now playing trains. Well here are some pictures of this morning. I made them their own "Lunch Sacks" last night after they went to bed and they were so excited to get them this morning. Anyway I'm sure I'll have more to blog about after school lets out, 3:00 is a long time away.

Comments

Tam said…
Those bags turned out so cute. Maybe you will have to add them to your line!!

I know what you mean. I am already missing Kessa and she doesn't start school until Monday.
Normal Mom said…
I love the lunch sacks, those are darling--as is everything you make.
Congratulations on letting O ride the bus--I know that was a big step. I was surprised when both my girls asked me to walk them over to where they line up this morning. I'm sure everything is going great! O is very ready to take on Kindergarten. It's very quiet at my house today too, M is playing babies instead of trains. Good Luck! Your girls looked very cute this morning, by the way.
Jen Wolff said…
I know what you mean about your oldest seem born grown up. That's exactly how I see Jared. Nick knows even though he's not the baby, he will always be the baby. I know how tought that is letting your kids go on the bus. I haven't yet to deal with that, but next year I'll have to send my oldest to middle school.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up