Things That Make You Go... EEEW

Well not much is going on in our household this week, or last week for that matter. We've been bumming around just taking advantage of the last couple of weeks of summer to catch up on our lounging. I did however take the opportunity last weekend to read Breaking Dawn. I know, how come I waited so long? Well I had to make sure that my friends were done reading their book so I could borrow it. Was it good you ask? Well let's just say I was disappointed about how the story went, and liked the other 3 books a lot better. I would love to go into detail but I don't want it to ruin the book for those of you who have not read it. I know that you can't please everyone and the author did her best. It was a good book just not the ending I was hoping for.

Anyway today I was at home craving cake. I know no one else EVER does that. So the only thing I had in my pantry was a red velvet cake. I've never made a red velvet cake but my MIL bought us the mix last time she was here and we had never used it. So I started making this cake and when I was done mixing it I could not help but snap a picture.

I think maybe the book got to me a little more than I had thought. I was reminded of a scene in the book where a certain character had to drink human blood before they were even a vampire and I almost lost it (meaning my tummy was getting queasy) while I was reading the book. Then while I was mixing this cake it all came back to me and I almost tossed out the whole batch. It was even dripping into the bowl like blood. EEEEW! Well I ended up toughening up and baking the cake and it was delicious. Didn't taste bloody at all and I bet our eyes won't even turn red.

Comments

karen said…
Looks yummy. Im reading that book too and YUCK!!! I guess you have to do what you have to for your loved ones.
MMM! Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting is JC's favorite! It always reminds me of Steel Magnolias, bleeding armadillo cake! LOL!
Midwest Keech said…
Eeewww! I think I'd have a hard time with that one too. - Bry absolutely LOVES red velvet cake. It's his fave & I think this year I actually mastered the flour frosting he likes. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up