Ants, Ants, Everywhere Ants

My friend Karrie always posts about her little critter friends, I've posted before about our "Bunny Issue" so today I thought I'd post about the ANTS! They are literally driving me crazy. I have them in my kitchen. If I don't clean up every crumb after dinner the next morning they are everywhere. Really with 3 kids who ever gets all the crumbs? It is so frustrating. They are on surfaces where we eat so I hate to spray anything deadly there. I just keep wiping them down and sanitizing the surfaces. Some days I just think, they aren't hurting me so why hurt them. Maybe I should just live peacefully with the ants... Then I remember they are BUGS and I must kill them. I need to have Chris spray outside and maybe that will help with my inside problem. Who ever remembers things like bug killer when they are at the grocery store? I can hardly keep track of my regular purchases. I also keep telling my self, "It could be worse they could be cockroaches"!

Comments

AndieF said…
If it makes you feel any better, I found ants in my entry way today. I didn't recall that ants were a late summer/early fall thing. Anyway, I tend to vacuum them up. I don't know if that would work on your counter, but it works great on floors, and after a few days of seeing their friends being sucked up, they move on.
Jen Wolff said…
Gotta love Clark Pest control (no pun intended).
Normal Mom said…
We use something called Terro. It's a liquid that you place on a little piece of cardboard and then the ants come. And come. And come. They carry it home and die. But they don't come back! It's been the best remedy for us. It's gross to watch them flock to the poison, but eventually they go away. Hope it helps!
We had bad ants this year too. I hired a pest man. Turns out the company I hired is eco friendly or something. What ever they used doesn't work worth beans. Next time I will do a little research and make sure they use actual pesticide. I just finally invested in a couple of cans of RAID.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up