When it Rains... People Kayak in the drainage overflow?
It has been raining cats and dogs her in IL. We had a lot of rain last week but that was nothing in comparison to what we got just last night. It started raining about 7:00 and did not stop until this afternoon. We got a total of 6 inches at our house in our very official State Farm rain gauge. All of our creeks and retention ponds are at the max I think right now, and lots of people have flooded basements. Several families were not in church today because they were either cleaning basements or stranded from flooded streets. In our neighborhood we have a park that has kind of an overflow area. It's quite big and usually is just swampy and wet. Well today on the way to church we drove by and it was almost filled to the top and there were people kayaking on it. It was so funny we had to go back for the camera. I guess when life gives you flooding... Kayak!
You can barely see the kayakers I should have zoomed in more, but in my defense it was pouring and I was in my church clothes.
Comments