Where did all these birthday's come from?






Today we celebrated O and C's birthdays. No we are not just lazy and combining days to save time, they actually have the same birthday! When poor O was 2 her baby brother came into the world at 12:03am. Yes, only 3 minutes into her birthday! Luckily she was still young enough that she does not remember ever having her own day.

A couple of years ago we signed up for free Cold Stone birthday coupons and so every birthday the birthday boy or girl gets their own ice cream. Both kids this year picked Cotton Candy ice cream. I was really hoping that they would pick something good so I could "share" but they insured that they got to eat their whole thing themselves. (smart little boogers) When O got home from school they opened gifts. C got the pirate ship he's been eyeballing, and a toy helicopter. O got a much begged for Webkins, and a camera!

Usually I do 2 cakes but this year decided that none of us needed that many calories so I did cupcakes and 2 different colors of frosting. O also got brownies taken to school to share with her class, and because it was her b-day she was helper of the day. This means she is line leader, calendar helper, snack girl, and gets to have a show-and-tell! What a great day.

Comments

Jen Wolff said…
Happy Birthday X 2!
Tam said…
Happy birthday to both of you. It sounds like it was a fun day.

K's birthday is a month a way and she is already planning what she gets to do at school. The day after her birthday she is going on her first ever field trip and in her mind those two things are connected!!
Anonymous said…
I didn't know this. How cool! I think you are right I think never knowing it was just "your" special day means that it is just fun to celebrate with your brother or sister all the more. Looks like they are happy as clams! :-)Ok are clams really that happy? Where did that come from anyway. (It is late and I am slap happy I guess!)

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up