Why All The Hard Questions?

Suddenly C has been into asking all sorts of questions. I know they all go through that "Why" stage but I thought that was over when they were 2. Lately they have been hard questions for example:

1. Where does rain come from? ("the sky" was not a good enough answer)
2. How do we get the water in our bottles?
3. How do they make fans?
4. How do they make helicopters? (the toy kind)
5. How did Heavenly Father make our bodies?
6. Where does the Holy Ghost live?

It's awful to say but my brain hurts sometimes from all his questions. He makes me think back to 3rd grade science class and that last episode of "How It's Made". Who knows this stuff? I'm on the verge of answering the age old answer to every question kids can come up with, "Magic". He also wants to know what all his food is. "What kind of animal is bacon Mommy?" I don't even want to think about it right now at the dinner table (as I'm on my 3rd piece). Maybe it's just a boy thing because I don't remember the girls doing this. I guess I need to keep brushing up on my science, gospel, and food processing!

Comments

Midwest Keech said…
LOL! No, I think that it's a "kid" thing. The girls are in that stage too. Adam still wants to know how people relate to each other. She's your mom, but my grandma...she's the wife of mom's brother, so she's my aunt...etc.

Have NO fear...you can always tell him, "Maybe we should look it up at the library." Fun, fun, fun.
Jen Wolff said…
I would much rather have those kind of questions instead of anatomy type questions if you get my drift. Or even worse, while watching The Amazing Race (a supposed family show) not realizing the two gay boyfriends kiss after their success having my children ask "Mommy, why are those boys kissing each other?" That's much worse! I'll take your little one's questions over these!!!

Today's Q&A session with our kiddies went like this: "Mom, are killer bees really killers?" "Nick, that's why they are called killer bees." "Ohhhh! What do they look like?" Nick, google it."

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up