Why I'm Glad I'm NOT a Single Mom!

I know the title of this post is probably not the most "politically correct" one out there. There are just days when I am so glad I have the love and support of a great hubby. With that being said. The reason I am glad that I have a great hubby is this... BOY TOYS! Who thought those up? I mean really does every boy toy have to come with a gazillion pieces and several sets of instructions? A couple of weeks ago I bought C a really cool Hot Wheel's set. When I got it home I asked Chris to put it together for C. He opened the box and it had 150 SMALL pieces. We quickly realized that this was not going to be a toy that could be taken down and put up several times per week so I e-mailed to some friends and asked if anyone was wanting to get rid of their train table. Fortunately for us someone was and we actually ended up bartering something else for it. Anyway I'm getting off track. Oh yeah boy toys that's right. C yesterday got some more birthday gifts from Bryan and Trina (my brother and SIL). These were Batman accessories (for lack of a better word). They are pretty cool too and he's actually been drooling over these exact toys whenever we go to the store, so we were pretty excited to get them. I opened the boxes and could not figure out how it worked. He was mad a me because I couldn't get the little do-hickey thingies into the whatchamacallits and I was telling him to wait until dad got home to get things going. Chris came home and in 5 minutes had the whole thing set up and working and all was good. So that, in a nutshell, is why I am glad I am not a single mom. As I'm sure my hubby is glad he's not a single dad because of girl hair.

C loves the gifts from Bryan, Trina and E. He's been dressed like Batman for 2 days now and we'll see if we can get him to take them off for our ward activity tonight.

O got for her gift a really cute light jacket and some Littlest Pet Shop stuff. I don't know if any one's kids are into the LPS things but they are soooo cute! We love them here and they are things that mom doesn't even mind having a ton of (unlike Polly Pockets, which I can't seem to stop buying either) and do not need assembly. However they could have saved a few hundred acres of rain forest by not using so much packaging.

Thanks Bryan and Trina and E for all the great loot. The kids were thrilled. We love you and miss you guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up