Wildlife Prarie Park

Yesterday was K's field trip to the Wildlife Prairie Park. I volunteered to go since I now only have one at home that I need to find care for. It worked out because he was sick yesterday and Chris was able to stay home with him. This was the first field trip I had volunteered for in years and I was excited to go. It just so happened that they had so many parents volunteer that they had to draw names to see who would go. Thank goodness I was picked because I think K would have had a meltdown. So yesterday morning we woke up and it was pouring down rain. Not just a drizzle but buckets and buckets. I was a little worried that they would not go but we got to school and her teacher said we were still going and if it was raining to hard when we got there that we would turn around and come back and watch movies all day. We all loaded onto school buses, that are not designed to hold adults that are almost 6' tall! Drove 45 minutes to the park and it was still pouring down rain. That did not stop these 4th graders they persevered. Rain ponchos, umbrellas, and sack lunches in hand we had a great time finding all the animals on the trails, watching a really cool bird show, and seeing them feed the Bison and Elk. I really want to take the family back when the weather is nicer. Here are a few pictures from our trip.The picture below is my favorite. They have the Grey Wolf habitat right next to the pasture that the elk and bison are in. These two elk were very upset that the wolf dared come close to the fence. They kept backing up and charging him and stopping right before hitting the fence. It was so funny. Sometimes the wolf would run up and down the fence and the elk would chase him. Eventually the only male elk in the herd made those two get back to the group.
K's class and teacher Mr. C. they were actually a great group of kids.


Comments

Tam said…
How much fun - and there are way more trees then I expected. I guess I always have this picture in my mind of miles and miles of dry grasses.... I guess I need to travel more.

I am glad you got to go. I went with my K just last week and had a great time.

I sent you some stuff today. Can't wait to hear you got it!!!
Jen Wolff said…
What a treat for you! The only field trips I ever got to go on was when I was my kid's teacher in kindergarten. I miss out on the fun stuff working.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up