WOW What a Week

WOW, it's been quite a week here in our house. We got a new kitty, went to the orchard, dehydrated apples, made apple pie, started sewing lessons, and got a new job.

First I'll talk about dehydrating apples. I got a really cool dehydrator for Christmas last year and this is the first opportunity I've had to really use it very much. I started yesterday making apple chips and they are yummy. Great for food storage too.

Some of you might have noticed the "got a new job" part of my opening. Well I did get a new job, I'm going to be working at Hancock's Fabric here in town. I'm only working about 15 hours a week when Chris is home. I'm very nervous. All you mom's out there probably know the term "Mommy Brain". It refers to the mush that immediately replaces your actual brain the minute you have kids. The forgetfulness, the inability to actually recall important facts, the forgetting the children's names, the forgetting to pick them up from the bus stop, or not knowing when they had their last shower! It always amazes me that I can go to the video store to rent movies and pick up several movies that I have already seen and not even realize I've seen them until Chris tells me. Now I only go to the video store with a list or a cell phone! I'm always amazed at the fact that I can remember all the characters first and last names from 90210 (and most of their real names too) but not remember that my daughter has 4H 5 minutes after she tells me. Anyhoo, I'm very scared that I will not be able to remember how to run the register after I leave the store, or forget where the ribbon is located in the store or something completely stupid. I know Heavenly Father will help me in this challenge and who knows maybe I'll even grow a few brain cells!

Comments

Tam said…
YEAH - that is so exciting. I knew you would get it!!!

I am feeling the same way about my job. Every stop is different and I wonder if I will ever learn how it all goes.

Good luck though - I know you will be great and think of all you can do with the discount!!!
karen said…
You will do great. Good Luck!!! Have fun with it. :0)
Normal Mom said…
It's going to be great to have a familiar friendly face in there. AND you got a job at the place with the best home decor fabric in town. Good luck! I didn't think I could learn how to run a register and that was before I had kids. It's actually kind of fun after the nerves settle down.
Willow said…
You can do it. I hear the effects of mommy brain are reversable. I wouldn't know that personally, my brain is a complete jumble... but, you will be great at the new job.

They are lucky to have you!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up