Can You Say FOOD COMA???

Well now that I've had my little emotional break down and I'm feeling much better I thought I'd blog about our Thanksgiving day.

We had our good friends the Keech's over for dinner and fun. Chris likes to deep fry our turkey's and frankly I love them. Every year we invite friends over and each family brings a turkey so we can have plenty of leftovers. There's nothing worse than going to someones house for TG dinner and not getting any turkey sandwiches the next day! Not to mention it only takes about 45 minutes to cook the whole turkey.

So Kim and I split the menu up, and we had TONS of food. After we were done eating I had that sick/woosie/indigestion feeling... but that didn't stop me from eating pie.

This year I got a great idea from one of my customers at work. Every year at TG she has a special tablecloth that her family uses and she has each person at dinner write a message on the cloth and she embroiders the message over their handwriting. So I took a page from her book and started my own. I figure I don't have the time or energy to embroider each message so I got permanent fabric pens and let me guests go to town.

When I was shopping for a table cloth I realized that they are dang expensive, so I went to a thrift store here in town and got a really great, huge, plain white, table cloth and only paid $1.99. So now each time we have a family gathering I can pull out the family tablecloth and have memories from the year before. Each time we will add to it and see how everyone has grown and the different people we have had to our home.

After dinner was the yearly perusing of the adds. Nothing much good out there this year, but that didn't stop me from getting up at 4am and meeting Kim at Walmart and helping her spend Bryan's $$$. The only thing I bought was a McGriddle meal at McDonalds!

Later last night after pie we called my parents and had them set up the webcam. It was fun to see everyone on the computer it made things a lot easier for me. My Grandma and John were there and the kids got a kick out of seeing everyone make goofy faces.

So, it ended up being a great day after all. I hope everyone had a great TG.

ps I'd have pictures if my computer would upload to blogger but apparently that is too much to ask today.

Comments

Jen Wolff said…
I am so glad you guys had a great day! Love the tablecloth idea!!!
AndieF said…
Love the tablecloth idea! And getting the tablecloth at a thrift store is an idea that you know that I approve of! LOL I didn't know you were just at WM for moral support. It was too funny seeing you and Kim there just as I came in!
Mary said…
I was having trouble getting my pictures to upload as well. Frustration! I wish we could have come and signed your tablecloth -- another time! Thanks again for thinking of us. And I am going to mark the box below. Thanks for helping me to become more blog savvy.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up