My Kiddos Never Cease to Amaze Me!
My kids are amazing. I know I'm probably a little biased. I was always a really shy, blend into the walls, only talk when spoken to kinda kid. I NEVER tried out for anything in my life and I NEVER ran for any kind of school office etc. K however seems to be the opposite of me. She seems shy and quiet but really she has more guts than I ever will. Every winter at school they have a concert to show off their music skills they have learned in music class. This year K auditioned for a solo part. We don't know if she made it yet or not but the fact that she actually got up in front of people and auditioned for a SOLO part blows my mind! I was shocked last year at the Ward talent show when she got up with her friend and sang but this takes the cake. I can't wait until we find out. On the down side I have to work that night and won't be able to be there either way so that kinda stinks.
The other thing she has done that is so cool is she was elected 4H President in her group. There are lots of older kids and she is only a 2nd year and she was elected President! Very cool. She gets to conduct meetings (getting her ready for the RS or YW President calling) and lead the group.
I am always amazed when my kids step out of their comfort zones. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because they are being raised by the adult, more confident me, not the insecure, adolescent me. Oh, and there's also the fact that they do have a little of their dad in them too!
The other thing she has done that is so cool is she was elected 4H President in her group. There are lots of older kids and she is only a 2nd year and she was elected President! Very cool. She gets to conduct meetings (getting her ready for the RS or YW President calling) and lead the group.
I am always amazed when my kids step out of their comfort zones. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because they are being raised by the adult, more confident me, not the insecure, adolescent me. Oh, and there's also the fact that they do have a little of their dad in them too!
Comments