I feel like our Christmas season has finally begun. Although we've been busy getting gifts collected I never really feel like it's Christmas until the tree is up. Well now it's definitely up! We went to a tree farm just out of town and cut down our own tree. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. They priced the trees by row so in one row you could have trees that were 3-10 feet tall. I decided that since they were the same price we should get the biggest one we could. Boy did we get a big tree. I guess when trees get warm they relax their limbs and become fuller. This tree did not look this big at the farm. Last night I measured it and it is 8 1/2 feet tall and about the same wide! No kidding. It take up about 1/3 of our living room. I had to get a step ladder to get the lights on the thing, and we had to bust out the huge outdoor lights so they looked proportional to the tree.

I love decorating the Christmas tree. It's like a walk down memory lane. I think the oldest ornament I have is about 28 years old. (I got it the day I was born, ha ha!) K this year was even asking me about every ornament I put up because each one comes with a story. She was counting how old all her ornaments were and telling me she was going to tell the stories to her children. Priceless!

So our HUGE, GINORMOUS, tree is decorted. We don't have quite enough to make it look complete but that's ok, our house smells wonderful and it makes me smile when I squeeze by it in the living room. Sirius already knocked it down once when he climbed it, so we are keeping a kitty vigil. I am scared someone will be stuck under it forever if it falls again.

Well I'd better get to cleaning the house. I don't know if it's just me but when the holidays come and all the Christmas stuff gets out it never seems to be tidy until January.

I'd have more pictures but do you think my computer will upload them...NO! So maybe more later.

Comments

Mary said…
I LOVE your tree!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up