More Christmas Fun

On Wednesday I went and volunteered on K's class. They made gingerbread houses. I didn't take my camera, I know shame on me. There was so much candy and cereal to decorate the houses with you could have fed a small country. The kids weren't allowed to eat any unless the teacher turned off the lights, and they could eat while the light was off. It was funny to see them scrambling when the lights were off. K got smart and made a pile of the things she wanted to eat beside her so she could just eat more easily when the light went off.

I was supposed to volunteer in O's class today for Celebration Stations but school was cancelled, YEAH!

Every year the youth go to volunteer at the Brotherhood Tree. It is a charity that distributes gifts to families in need. Our weather was so bad here on Tuesday the YM pres and I made the decision to cancel activities. So we were not able to go to the Brotherhood Tree. The coordinator of the event called me later and asked if I could maybe scrounge up some help the next night. So I e-mailed everyone to let them know we could still help. Anyway I ended up taking the whole family with me. Of course no camera again. It was great to see C even getting into the gift giving. O and K had a great time reading off the names and ages and marking it all down. We worked for about an hour, until C fell asleep in Chris' lap. I hope we can have that opportunity again.

Comments

Jen Wolff said…
We were teased with talks of snow from the weather man here in Bako this week. I am so jealous. That would have been the ultimate Christmas gift, no school! Enjoy your day off and your vacation!
Jenn said…
Busy, busy! I've never gotten to volunteer in any of my kids' classes - babies and toddlers haven't been welcome, and I've never really had anyone to take them.

It sounds like you've all been having fun! :)

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up