Twas the Days after Christmas!

Today was the day for taking down decorations. I had most of the house decorations down on Sunday but the tree was still up. I had the kids put away their decorations last night, then it was off to figure out how to get the tree out of the house. When we brought it home it was wrapped in netting and very compact since then it has, shall we say, expanded. So Chris and I figured the only way to get it out was to disassemble it. It makes it sound like it was fake but believe me it was real, we have the pine cones and birds nest to prove it! Here's a cute pic of me loping off the branches. Then the kids had blast tossing them off the deck, and dragging them to the curb.




This week the kids are still out of school. We don't have many things planned. Yesterday we went and had lunch at State Farm, which is always a treat for us, and got O's hair cut. Now before I get any threatening comments from anyone, lets remind ourselves that YOU don't have to do her hair everyday I DO! I don't care how "beautiful and long" her hair was getting, or "what a shame no more puppy dog tails", or "little girls should have long hair". The mornings were so awful that I was sure Child Protective Services would come knocking any day now. She would scream at the top of her lungs the whole time I was brushing it. So she was warned that one more bad morning and it was getting cut off. Well needless to say we had one too many bad mornings, so mommy used a nifty coupon (thanks Kim!) and got it chopped off! Today was a much better "hair day" for O, she didn't scream and the whole doo took approximately 45 seconds! HOORAY FOR NO WHINING!!!
This picture does not do it justice. My camera battery was dying so I'll get some cuter ones soon. I think the short hair suits her don't you?

Comments

Illifornian said…
You are way ahead of me. I haven't gotten much done in the dismemberment of Christmas. But, I do love the hair. I empathize with the decision behind the cut and I think it is great. Besides, it's hair. It grows back. Funny we had someone cut their hair the other day also. Congrats on the new do O!
Karrie said…
I like the hair cut. There is a point when your little girl isn't so little anymore, and when they start to care for their own hair, easy for them is best- not what the grandma's want.
Look at you all burly (but in a feminine way) and independent cutting down the tree. I love (miss) putting up Christmas stuff, but I'm always relieved to take it down. This year all I had to do was take down the Rudolph with the sinus infection (he had a huge red nose) and the haunted elf. Easy! And no, I didn't save them.
Jen Wolff said…
I think it looks very cute. I am glad you didn't do it yourself. Unless a mom is actually good at it or a trained professional, they should not cut their kiddos hair. The potential for life-long trauma is to great!!!! When I was in Kindergarten my mom and I had the same issue. She got so mad (she's a bit looney toons) she cut my waist long hair up to my ears, and picture day was the next day. It was hideous!!! I remember my dad getiing upset with her as it was so awful. I remember crying and telling my teacher that I looked like a boy in a dress. She lied and said I looked beautiful. That is why my whole family goes to my hairdresser
Tam said…
I think it looks cute - I have really been thinking about lobbing of Kessa's hair also. I really think we ended up with the same daughter just two different bodies!!!

I love the pic of you with the tree. That will live on for EVER!!!

Sorry about the other day. I have my brother here and just haven't been near a phone. I will talk to you soon though (just in case you were worried!!!)

OH - HAPPY NEW YEAR - right now it is high midnight. YEAH 2009

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up