Illinois Winter

ILLINOIS  WINTER 
 

It's winter in Illinois 
 And the gentle breezes blow 
Seventy miles an hour 
At twenty-five below.  
 

Oh, how I love Illinois
When the snow's up to your butt 
You take a breath of winter 
And your nose gets frozen shut.  
 

Yes, the weather here is wonderful

So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Illinois
I'm frozen to the freakin'' ground!

 

 Author Unknown


Thought I'd share this cute poem I got in my inbox today.  There's only one discrepancy... it's 41 below today with windchill!

Comments

Karrie said…
Funny. Cold. Glad it is 69 degrees here- after our little 14 days of winter, I'd be happy not to see it again.
Tam said…
We have had such a mild winter so far. I feel so "Californian" - I am even thinking about pulling out all of my easter/spring stuff.

Hopefully I have just jinxed myself because I really love winter and miss not having a ton of snow. Good luck with the frozen butt thing... is there a cream you can use?

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up