The Legend of the Bird's Nest


Before Christmas when we went to cut down our own Christmas Tree we found lots of stuff inside it when we came home. Usually they shake it out before you take it home but I think they may have forgotten to do ours. When we got home and took off the net it was like a pinata! We found about 40-50 pincones, tons of loose branches, and one bird nest. I was really excited about the bird nest. It is about 3 inches around and so cute. I decided to save it and make an ornament for the tree, along with all the pine cones too. The next day Chris went into work, the lady who's family owns the tree farm works with him, and he was excited to tell her about the nest.

He went to her cube and told her our bird nest news and she turns around and says, "OH, Crap (actually she says another word but I'd like to keep it G rated)." Chris asks, what's wrong, and she tells him that if someone finds a bird nest in their tree it means a baby is coming within 12 months. He tells her he's going to hold her too it and she's very relieved that that would be a good thing.

So that's the legend of the bird nest. After Chris told her last week that we are actually expecting she was so excited and could not wait to tell everyone about the nest. So, Katie maybe you had something with the bird theory after all!

Comments

Jen Wolff said…
What a neat story!!!!! You definitely have to keep that bird's nest forever for the new baby. What a great story to tell him/her.
Tam said…
You know those things happen. I caught Willow's bouquet at her wedding (and yours remember!!!) and then married Michael.

This is so exciting - I wish I was there so you could rub off onto me...
karen said…
Great story. Maybe I should go buy a real tree next year.
Karrie said…
Yay and congrats for you. It's nice to get what you want...
corn fed girl said…
Thats a great story! You'll have to put that one in the baby's book!
Mary said…
Okay, here comes an original comment, wait for it -- What a great story! It really is -- I LOVE it! It gives me the chills. I love omens. What amazing thing can you do with that bird nest? Something shabby chic and uniquely you.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up