Mommy Milestone's are over rated!
I blogged earlier this week, or was it last week, about my milestone of everyone can wipe their own rears now. Well that didn't last long. No, no one regressed back to their toddler years or anything. We found out that I am going to have a baby.
Most women, at least the ones in my ward, always keep this info a secret for at least 12 weeks. Well, I'm not most women, first of all I can keep any secret anyone tells me but I cannot keep a single one about myself, second, we've always just told people throwing caution to the wind, and third, I accidentally posted it on Facebook yesterday during a post I thought was between my friend in Utah and I, but actually it was between us and 200 of our closest friends! So, I'm here to out myself officially!
I went to the Dr. on Wednesday for a routine check up and, "OH, by the way your pregnant"! Most of you know that we have been trying to have a baby for 2 1/2 years. It's been a long hard time for us (even though we already have 3) in the process we discovered a health issue that I have that prevents conception. In correcting that issue, the medication I have to take daily makes me lose weight, I know bummer! I've lost 30 lbs and have felt so good the last few months, I guess that's all it took.
When the doctor told me I went completely in a daze and left all my things in the office, purse, coat, etc. The front desk lady asked if I was alright she said, "You didn't come in for this are you OK?"
Of course I'm OK. The freaking out started on the way home when I realized that over the last 2 1/2 years I've given away or sold ALL of my baby things, including maternity clothes. Never fear, Heavenly Father tells me... garage sale season starts in a few months, and you have two wonderful Grandma's that love buying baby stuff!
C and I drove straight to State Farm and called Chris to the lobby and C told him he was going to be a big brother. He of course is thrilled too and we are praying that this will all go well. At the end of C's pregnancy, due to some problems with my tummy, I was on a soft food/liquid diet the last trimester. Hopefully that will not happen this time. Although the boy was still over 10lbs, maybe I should have been grateful for that diet!
So now we are starting a new chapter in our lives, it feels like it anyway, C will be 5 when this baby is born. Yes, I've done it again, C and O share a birthday and this one is due only 2 days before their day! I say lets just make it a 3 way birthday and keep things uncomplicated. I've told K several times that we are going to change her birthday to match theirs so everyone is equal (she doesn't think that's funny).
Well I've been long winded enough about this. It's time for a nap! Oh, and to talk Chris into my choices for baby names!
Most women, at least the ones in my ward, always keep this info a secret for at least 12 weeks. Well, I'm not most women, first of all I can keep any secret anyone tells me but I cannot keep a single one about myself, second, we've always just told people throwing caution to the wind, and third, I accidentally posted it on Facebook yesterday during a post I thought was between my friend in Utah and I, but actually it was between us and 200 of our closest friends! So, I'm here to out myself officially!
I went to the Dr. on Wednesday for a routine check up and, "OH, by the way your pregnant"! Most of you know that we have been trying to have a baby for 2 1/2 years. It's been a long hard time for us (even though we already have 3) in the process we discovered a health issue that I have that prevents conception. In correcting that issue, the medication I have to take daily makes me lose weight, I know bummer! I've lost 30 lbs and have felt so good the last few months, I guess that's all it took.
When the doctor told me I went completely in a daze and left all my things in the office, purse, coat, etc. The front desk lady asked if I was alright she said, "You didn't come in for this are you OK?"
Of course I'm OK. The freaking out started on the way home when I realized that over the last 2 1/2 years I've given away or sold ALL of my baby things, including maternity clothes. Never fear, Heavenly Father tells me... garage sale season starts in a few months, and you have two wonderful Grandma's that love buying baby stuff!
C and I drove straight to State Farm and called Chris to the lobby and C told him he was going to be a big brother. He of course is thrilled too and we are praying that this will all go well. At the end of C's pregnancy, due to some problems with my tummy, I was on a soft food/liquid diet the last trimester. Hopefully that will not happen this time. Although the boy was still over 10lbs, maybe I should have been grateful for that diet!
So now we are starting a new chapter in our lives, it feels like it anyway, C will be 5 when this baby is born. Yes, I've done it again, C and O share a birthday and this one is due only 2 days before their day! I say lets just make it a 3 way birthday and keep things uncomplicated. I've told K several times that we are going to change her birthday to match theirs so everyone is equal (she doesn't think that's funny).
Well I've been long winded enough about this. It's time for a nap! Oh, and to talk Chris into my choices for baby names!
Comments
This is such wonderful news, and I started tearing up as I read it! I'm thrilled for you!
I'll cross fingers and toes and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Here's to a happy, healthy, heopfully easy pregnancy with a beautiful baby at the end!!!
So, are you willing to share some baby name ideas? We are always looking for good ideas, you know... just in case. (That was NOT an announcement!)
P.S. This news has totally made me misty. I am absolutely thrilled for you guys.
Here's to a wonderful pregnancy! Doin the happy dance for you!!!
How weird was it to go in for a check up and come out pregnant. That would ROCK. No symptoms at all. Good luck. :0)