Seaweed, Smith, and blogging

I love when the kids come home and tell me about their lessons in Primary.  It's especially fun when the littlest ones get the facts slightly wrong.  Once K came home and told us that Jesus was sold into slavery (she meant Joseph), she also called the Lamanites, Laman Lights.  Yesterday C came home and told us that he learned all about Joseph, I asked him if it was Joseph Smith and he said no (it was).  He said, "Mom they did not even have light flickers, they only had candles!".  It's just so funny the things they come away with .  

We also had the chance to enjoy a great evening at some friends house last night.  I've been without a kitchen sink for a week now and they invited us for dinner so we didn't have to do dishes.  I love going over there because it's always a new culinary experience for us.  Last night was no exception. She served the pretty normal roast and salad, which was YUMMY, but she also served rice.  Nothing to exciting about that until you add the seaweed/sesame seasoning on top.  It was the first and only time I will probably ever here C ask, "Mom can I have some seaweed too?".  I think Chris was surprised to see me sprinkle some on my rice.  I'm not usually very brave when it comes to trying new food, but I loved it.  I even told Mary I was going to blog about this.  I'm gonna have to see where I can get me some seaweed!

Comments

Willow said…
Rice... seaweed... sesame seeds? Have you ever tried sushi ('cuz your almost there)? I am a fan of the cooked sushi varieties, you know crab, shrimp, etc. My kids are HUGE sushi fans; Russ and I are disappointed that they enjoy it. Their love of sushi means we have to share.
Merrimom said…
SEAWEED IS AWESOME!!! I eat about 4-5 strips a day (4x1.5 inch). Merri and the kids aren't into it but they'll come around. -Jim
Anonymous said…
She must do this to all her friends! LOL The first time we ate there we had seaweed on our rice too. To us and our kids though it isn't a shock because our kids LOVE Japanese cooking and with that comes SEAWEED. I didn't want to try it with Thom bringing it home for the longest time but once I did. WOW! Yum! It has to be the "right" one though.

Imagine the looks my kids get when they say their favorite food is Sushi!
Anonymous said…
Once we get over this sore throat,runny nose thing, we will have you guys over again for dinner or something. Sorry I didn't even think to offer but I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to help do your dishes. I am GLAD you asked!
Mary said…
I haven't been over to your blog all week -- thanks for the mention! I am glad you liked the seaweed.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up