Spiderman Lives On
The other day as I was doing laundry I came across C's Spiderman costume. I come across it a lot and every time I think, "I need to put this up so he will stop wearing it". However, every time I forget to put it away before he finds it and insists on wearing it every minute of every day. (I do make him take it off for school and church, and occasionally the store) Then after about 3 days I finally peel it off of him and put it back in the wash thinking, this time I will remember to put it out of site before he finds it again.
Well last night I had an "AH HA" moment... WHY? What is the harm in letting the boy wear the Spiderman costume if it makes him happy. He's not going to fit into it for much longer, maybe a year or so. I know that seems like a long time but when it comes down to it, it's not really. I hope I'll always remember with fondness the year he wore his Spiderman costume every day. I may even look back and wish that it was still that easy to make him happy.
Well last night I had an "AH HA" moment... WHY? What is the harm in letting the boy wear the Spiderman costume if it makes him happy. He's not going to fit into it for much longer, maybe a year or so. I know that seems like a long time but when it comes down to it, it's not really. I hope I'll always remember with fondness the year he wore his Spiderman costume every day. I may even look back and wish that it was still that easy to make him happy.
Comments
james is really into jammies right now. I can't get them off of him and when I finally do he sneaks upstairs and changes.