11 Years and He Hasn't Killed Me Yet!

Today is our 11 year anniversary.  We are the type that get all mushy and go all out for our anniversary.  Chris and I both make a big deal out of it and always do something fun.  There have been years where we've included the kids and taken an extended weekend trip to the beach, or Disney Land.  There have been years when we go off by ourselves for a couple of days, or just have the whole day to do something we wouldn't normally do.

Chris plans the odd years and I plan the even years.  So this year was his turn.  It was all very secretive, I had no idea what the plan was, neither did the kids (or they would have spoiled it).  The kids got home from school yesterday and I was teaching in the basement, they came running down with their bags packed ready for sleep overs at friends houses (YIPEE).  Chris took me to Central Station Cafe for dinner.  I've never been there and was expecting a Cafe, like burgers and fries and milkshakes, boy was I wrong.  It is a very nice restaurant that had delicious food, candles on the tables, and cloth napkins!  After our romantic dinner he took me to the movies were we saw Taken, a very good action packed thriller!  With the kids having a sleep over that's as far as I will take the rest of you.  It was a wonderful night and as I sit here and blog in the silence (Chris went to get the kiddos) I just want to thank my hubby for a wonderful anniversary!  Can't wait until next year!

Comments

Midwest Keech said…
Somehow, I knew you were @ home blogging when Chris was picking up the kids.

Happy Anniversary! Glad I could help out.
Karrie said…
Nice! We never do anything- I think the standard was set for out first anniversary when we went out to eat- with his 16 year old cousin. Ours is coming up- I think we'll at least try to go to a restaurant- BY OURSELVES.
Tam said…
We tend to be like Karrie - Michael and I are tooooo lazy I think.

That is so exciting - I can't believe it has been 11 years. You know it was at your wedding that Michael and I first starting talking about marriage. So in a way it is our holiday also!
Anonymous said…
Ahhh how sweet! Happy Anniversary!This year will be 12 for us. I like your idea of swapping years to plan something! :-)
Mary said…
How fun! I'm so glad now to know how special your date was when I called you in the middle of it! I'm a loser. I also think that is a great idea to trade years. We only ever did something major on our 10th anniversary. We must not love each other as much as ya'll.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up