Stupid Tag

Well I've been tagged like a MILLION times for this 25 Random Things Tag on Facebook.  I'm posting it here because I can't figure out how to do it there!  (seriously I'm very challenged when it comes to computers)  So here are my things, and no I'm not tagging anyone because I think just about all of my friends have tagged me.  CAUTION:  These are VERY random!

1. I have only colored my hair once in my life.  I used a very noncommittal 8 day wash out kind from the store!  I just feel like if I start then my money will go to keeping up appearances and I don't have that kind of cash!  

2.  I worked at a rafting company in high school and loved it.  I rafted as often as I could and would do it again given the chance.

3.  I love talking on the phone.  I mean really love it.  I'll talk for hours at a time.  I've even worn out a head set for my home phone, I used it while I was cleaning.  (Oprah calls that multitasking!)  I especially like chatting while I'm cooking dinner.  I don't have one of those houses that you can be cooking and chatting with your family and watching TV all at the same time so I'm in my own little space and usually you'll find me chatting with my mom or a friend.  This is hazardous to my marriage as my hubby hates food on the phone!

4.   I am the oldest of 3 children.  I have 2 younger brothers.  One was adopted, the other is mistaken for my twin quite often.

5.  When I was young my parents were Foster Parents.  We only took in babies, and only had them for a short time while their mothers decided what to do.  It was fun to come home from school and have a new little baby at our house.

6. I am 5'11".  I know that sounds tall but to me it's pretty average!  Sometimes I see women in public and think, "Wow, she is REALLY tall".  Then when I get closer I realize that she's a couple inches shorter than me.  Then I wonder if people see me coming and think the same thing.

7.  I have an over active bladder.  Not like pee my pants in public kind of bladder, just a have to use the restroom A LOT kind of bladder.  It drove my parents crazy and now I pretty sure it drives my husband crazy.

8.  I from Southern California.  I grew up in the OC (Orange County)!  It wasn't all that glamorous.  There was lots of beach trips, and beautiful weather, but there was also traffic, and scary people.  I'm much better suited to smaller town living.

9.  In high school I had my picture in the year book with the Drama Club my senior year.  I don't recall ever taking drama, or joining the club, or taking the picture.  Weird!

10. I had surgery in 2001 and I swear my memory loss started then.  Dang Drugs.

11.  Sometimes when it's icy outside I just want to drive my car into a deserted parking lot and drive like a maniac and slide all over.

12.  I have had my ears pierced twice.  (2 holes in each side)  That was before the only one piercing rule.  And both sets of holes still work!

13.  I've always wanted a tattoo!  I know hopefully my Young Women aren't reading this.  I'll never get one because Chris got one and swears it's not worth the pain.

14. I love watching Bull Riding.  Like, scream at the TV and follow the stats kind of love.

15. My favorite food is Clam Chowder, New England not Manhattan.  I am always glad when we go to a restaurant on a Friday and they have it.  I've sampled it all over the California Coast and have come to the conclusion that Splash Cafe ROCKS!

16. My best friend in High School had the same last name as me, only spelled differently.  We convinced people we were actually twins separated at birth and the family changed her last name to keep it all a secret!

17.  I don't wear lipstick very often.  My sister in law thinks I'm crazy for this.  It only makes me self conscious and worried of fading, bleeding, and lipstick on my teeth.

18.  I've been pepper sprayed, by my husband before we were married.  I still married him.

19.  I once lived in an apartment building where a murder happened (while I lived there).  This one goes along with #18.

20.  I love cats.  If I wasn't married I would be that Crazy Cat Lady!

21.  Here in Illinois is the farthest east I've ever been.  I've never seen the Atlantic Ocean.  Can't wait for this summers vacation.

22.  I'm obsessed with Paula Deen.  If she made it, it has to be good.  We are visiting her restaurant this summer on vacation.  

23.  When Chris and I first got married, we fought over how to fold his underwear.  He Won!

24. I'm not a clean freak.  I'm married to one, and would love to be converted.  Hasn't happened yet.  

25.  I hate to have polish on my nails.  My toes are painted when the weather is warm and I'm wearing sandals.  Nail polish always feels heavy to me and actually distracts me if I'm wearing it.

So there are my random things.  Hopefully you will all still be my friends and not think I'm toooo freaky!    

Comments

Benny said…
Just to defend myself. I want to clarify some of these answers.

3. This is the last part of #3 This is hazardous to my marriage as my hubby hates food on the phone!
It is gross and I dislike it but not to the detriment to our marriage.
18. I've been pepper sprayed, by my husband before we were married. I still married him.
I did it an accident wile trying to fix it for her. She had been complaining it was nit working.
19. I once lived in an apartment building where a murder happened (while I lived there). This one goes along with #18.
I did not murder the person in her apt.
23. When Chris and I first got married, we fought over how to fold his underwear. He Won!
It saves room in my very limited space.
Tam said…
I fought with Michael about his underwear too - must be a mission thing!!!

I was just thinking about that murder the other day. I still remember the feeling I had while leaving your apt that night. It still gives me the creaps!!!
Midwest Keech said…
I love you & your random things! Although, I think I've heard most of these. Wow...we must be pretty good friends.
Xazmin said…
Amusing tag! Even more amusing rebuttal! I enjoyed "meeting" you!
Xazmin said…
Amusing tag! Even more amusing rebuttal. It was nice "meeting" you!
Willow said…
Okay, 1... I make a really good (made Russell's eyes roll back in his head good [and he is a food snob]) and EASY clam chowder. I'll email the recipe to you if you want it.

2 -- I am SO jealous that you are going to Paula Dean's restaurant. Can I come too?

3 -- Did Chris pepper spray you on purpose? That is true love, I tell ya.
Willow said…
4 -- Why does Chris post under the psedunym of Benny? I try not to read other people's comments (which is hard because they are RIGHT there!), had I noticed that Benny was Chris, I wouldn't have asked #3.
The Queen Bee said…
I like to read other people's comments Willow. So go ahead and lurk!

Chris post's under Benny because that's his blog,Benny's Chicken Chat. It's a long story that involves a murder mystery dinner and a chicken puppet!

I would LOVE your recipe, I am always on the look out for great things to eat.

Yes you can come to Paula Deen's restaurant with us. We are camping, in the south, in the summer... you may want to rethink this!

No, he did not pepper spray me on purpose.
Mary said…
I just saw your 25 random things. There are 25 and they are random! I love them. It is fun to know more about you.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up