The World's Most Reliable Laxative

I don't know if anyone else has this problem with their children... Every time we ask them to clean they have to poo!  EVERY TIME!  It doesn't matter what time of day it is or what they've eaten.  They don't get out of chores by using the restroom they still have to clean, so I don't understand their reasoning.  

It never fails ask O to do the dishes, or K to start some laundry and their bowels start moving.  It's so frustrating.  Maybe my kids are just strange. (that wouldn't surprise me a bit)

Comments

Maybe I should try that one for my child who poops only once every 10 days or so!
Midwest Keech said…
SO FUNNY! I think it's just a "kid thing" though. I think I can remember using the "bathroom excuse" when I was young too. Now, it seems like an inconvenience if I NEED to stop what I'm doing so I don't pee my pants. Whatever. I think they'll grow out of it, right?
Tam said…
With my kids it is going to bed. James does it to me everytime.
Carla said…
I just stumbled on your blog through a little lurking... This post is SO, SO, SO funny and incredibly true! For my boys, cleaning, and bed/nap time are the world's most reliable laxatives. I thought we were the only ones who encountered this phenomenon.
karen said…
Ditto Here. Even after just coming out of the bathroom, ask them to clean or do dishes and they are right back in.
Mary said…
That IS strange. I have never heard anything like it -- until I just read all your comments, too. Crazy.
Anonymous said…
Actually Kaleb is the one that every time that we sit down to eat he need to use the bathroom and I mean BATHROOM!!! KWIM?!