I've Sunk To A New LOW!
I went shoe shopping yesterday! I have had the same pair of sneakers for 3 years. They look like heck. They have taken me on many walks in the mall, all over town, been to Chicago a few times, St. Louis too. I've mowed the lawn a few times and they've been stained green for weeks at a time. They even took me on a Pioneer handcart trek in Nauvoo 2 years ago at Youth Conference, where I stepped ankle deep in a cow patty (not the dried kind) they smelled for a month. They are VERY worn out and have holes in the sides that leak water whenever it rains. So I decided to try and find a new pair of shoes. I want to cute pair this time. I don't want a pair of sneakers but a pair of cute loafers that I can wear at work or at home. These other sneakers are white and blue Men's Converse, not very attractive but they fit and did the job.
So yesterday I went on the search through town for a new pair of shoes. Here lies the problem... I have HUGE feet! I wear a size 11 if they are wide and a 12 if they are not. I've been told by shoe sales people that I should just always wear men's shoes. Once I was looking for a pair of heels for a fancy dinner on a cruise we were taking and the sales lady told me they don't make cute shoes in THAT size! I went to every place in town that I could think of and no one had any shoes my size. Discouraged I went home to look online. I typed in "large size women's shoes" they have tons of sites but when I found the style I liked they were always sold out of my size.
Now comes the "New Low" part, let me give you some background. A few years ago I was at a BBQ with my in-laws and some of their friends from their ward. These friends happened to all be newly married couples with small children (I think my in-laws were trying to help us make friends, and if any one knows me you know I don't have a problem making friends, anyway I digress) . We got on the subject of shoes and sizes and I was complaining that I wear such large shoes it's hard to find them anywhere. One of the ladies just blurted out that I should try looking online on a Transvestite Website. She was embarrassed after she said it and frankly so was I, what was she implying anyway? Now it's a common joke among my family that whenever we can't find something we should check the Transvestite Websites and they might have it.
Well, yesterday in my frustration I actually typed into my google search "Shoes for Cross dressers"! There are tons of sites, sadly enough, and they have cute shoes. I haven't ordered any I'm a little afraid of the spam and junk mail that may litter my inbox and mail box after that purchase. I was also a little afraid to click any of those links for fear of what I might see so I clicked each one with my eyes closed and peeked only a little like I was watching a scary movie. I didn't see anything bizarre, REALLY, I just read a lot about the shoes being delivered in a discreet brown package, and the frustrations of men who really just wanted to have nice shoes, who could blame them.
I'm still holding out for that mistake at the shoe store where some inexperienced manager accidentally orders a pair of size 12 women's shoes that are just what I'm looking for, oh and they go on clearance because no body has as big of feet as me! DREAM ON BABY!
My hubby would like me to put in a disclaimer that he has told me several times to go and replace said sneakers but due to my foot size and my uncanny ability to be REALLY cheap I have not taken him up on the offer until now (when it's plain to see I cannot wait much longer)
Comments
I am currently going through the same issue. Good luck and look for me on those sites, I'm right there with you. :)
If you're worried about spam, you could set up a special gmail account. I'll volunteer to help you pick some out if you need me. Or, we'll figure out what you like, then I'll tell Chris. That way, YOU won't be buying & he can figure it out. :D
I double-dog-dare you to order shoes from the cross dresser suppliers. It might be your only feasible option!
PS -- Is anyone really surprised that *I* would think this a phenomenal idea? Don't let my recommendation deter you... I have become far more responsible than I once was.