Wheat Grinder Bliss/ Amish
Last year we ordered about 6 months worth of wheat for our food storage. Crazy since we didn't have a way to grind it into flour. So it's been sitting until this year when we could afford a grinder. After much searching on the Internet we found a place that sells the one we wanted about 1 1/2 hours from our house. This little farm supply store, located in a little Amish town sells the Wonder Mill for about $50.00 under retail because they don't want to make a profit on it, they just want to sell a great product for people to use. So we opted to drive the hour and a half to pick it up and see what the Amish were all about.
Chris took the day off work, and we headed to Amish Country. After picking up our grinder (the place actually had hitching posts for horse and buggies) we headed over to Yoder's for lunch. Yoder's is an Amish owned restaurant that makes YUMMY food. We all had the lunch buffet that was extremely well priced and ate until we had to roll out of the place. After lunch we drove the 9 miles to Arcola, another larger Amish community and looked around. It's still early in spring here so a lot of things weren't open yet. We went into a couple of antique shops and the kids were making me nervous so we ended our shopping experience. We did happen to find the Raggedy Ann and Andy Museum! Who knew?! It was so cute and only $3 for the whole family to get in, what a bargain. The whole tour took about 5 minutes but was very interesting and way cute, just the thing you would expect in a little podunk, Midwest town. They had thousands of things on display. I love Raggedy Ann and Andy and still have my original dolls my aunt made me about 30 years ago. Wow, I'm old enough for my toys to be "Vintage"!
Comments
I miss you - how have you been. I am in California right now and just missed a huge snow storm that dumped on my house. I am not sure I will get home now but for now I am enjoying the sun.