Evening out the Playing Field

Yesterday was our ultrasound!  I had been so excited about it for about, well 5 months!  The day went by soooo slowly.  Finally at 3:30 we went to the Doctor's office.  This ultrasound experience was so much better than the last two that I had.  In B-Town they wouldn't let anyone in with me, not even Chris until the last 5 minutes.  They wouldn't tell me the sex of the baby they would just take a picture of the important part and you had to decide for yourself.  Here they let all the kids come in the whole time, they burned pictures onto a CD for us, and were so nice showing the kids all the parts of the baby.

Well, as soon as they put the ultrasound on my belly I knew it was a boy.  He was showing it all!  They did wait until the end to make it official.  I can't believe that we were right.  I've never been right before.  Everything looked good and C is probably the most excited.  Now I have to get my bum in gear and get this baby something to wear.  I went garage saling today and found a few outfits.  This next week I'm going to dedicate a day to making diapers!  Honestly this baby being a boy is a huge relief.  C is so much easier to get ready for the day than the girls.  

Syndy's top 10 reasons boys are great:

10. Jeans match ANY shirt
9. Tennis shoes/cowboy boots match any jeans, and shirt
8. No Hair bows
7. No tangles in their hair
6. They don't care what the shampoo smells like
5. Hopefully you'll never have to search for the match to their earring.
4. white socks (the footwear not the baseball team)
3. Never having to explain to them that they are too young for high heels (except for dress up)
2. Not as much drama

The number 1 reason boys are great:

1. They don't add any extra "hair time" to our Sunday morning routine!

So there you have it.  We are evening out our playing field with one more boy!

Comments

Tam said…
This is so exciting. I just knew you were having a boy. I wish we lived closer to each other - it would be so much fun getting ready with you.

I will start looking at my garage sales here too. We usually have good ones and there is always baby clothes.

Love ya!!!
Willow said…
Boys ARE great!!! Congratulations; I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for you.

Oh, since we live with a tiny Christopher (who is nothing but sweetness and light) .... Have you considered naming the baby Russell? Kidding, totally kidding.... =)
Merrimom said…
We love boys!!!! Congratulations!
Karrie said…
Your top 10 list is great. I make Kacy wear only blue jeans though, and she wears boots. I got REAL tired REAL fast with colored bottoms. She is fashion deprived a little, I guess. And hair- aack! And hair accessories! Double aack! (Would that be aack! aack! ?)
Mary said…
You didn't even tell me when I saw you today! And I forgot to ask!!! But Lisa told me -- Congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you name him.
Katie and Luke said…
I agree--boys are great. My husband can't wait to buzz their heads for the summer since it was 97 degrees today. I like how my boys can just roll out of bed---and don't care what they look like--or whats on their face.
(OK--that can be a bad thing too)

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up