A Girl After My Own Heart

Yesterday I was teaching one of my sewing students.  I always tell my students to listen to their sewing machines.  You can usually tell if the tension is bad, or it needs oiling, or the needle needs replacing, or that you are going over something too thick just by listening to the sound of the machine.  So as she sat at her machine she says, "The song my machine sings sounds like a horror movie."  Now the horror movie part is not the part that made me smile it was the fact that she referred to the sound as a song because I love the "song" my own machine makes!
Isn't she pretty?

Comments

Tam said…
Okay I really need to take your class. My machine is really old and I just heard (from you...) about oiling it. Where, when and how!!!
The Queen Bee said…
You should oil after every full bobbin you use, or if you have a large project just oil after that. Your machine's book should tell you where. Usually the bobbin casing, and there are random holes in a sewing machine, ever wonder what those are for??? They are for drops of OIL! After oiling leave out the thread and bobbin and just let your machine run a minute or two to get everything lubed up! That's it in a nutshell. Oh and a brush to dust out all the lint is a good idea too, your machine will eventually "gum" up and stop stitching right.
Benny said…
Tam, You could be Syndys first Skype Sewing student. You should call for the details.

-chris

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up