Happy Easter Everyone

Easter has always been a big deal at our house.  Growing up it was almost like a 2nd Christmas.  You wrote an "Easter List" and visited the Easter Bunny.  There were two new outfits, one for church, one for after church's picnic.  Tons of food was prepared, almost as much as Thanksgiving.  My parents went all out and we loved it.  

My kids however are very deprived.  The Easter Bunny usually brings baskets, with a few treats inside, and the usually get a new outfit, probably handmade.  This year however we scaled back a lot.  The Bunny did not come and visit.  Frankly no one noticed.  K understood and was glad just to get treats, O asked if he was coming and I told her no she was just getting a few small things, and she was fine, C didn't even make the connection.  We gave the kids an option yesterday they could either have a surprise this morning or go to the store last night and spend their own Easter money, they opted to shop for themselves (that's my kids).  They all were given a budget and used it wisely.  

K got a pair of shoes, a really cool jewelery making kit that makes like 10 pairs of cute earrings (I would wear these they are so cute), and a new set of markers for school, oh and some gum.  O opted to spend all her money on a huge set of crayons, 120 different colors in 1 package, and C got 2 airplanes, and a visor.  All that was bought with $7 each.  Not too bad.

Today we are going to focus on the Savior, family, and friends.  We have a few families coming over to enjoy some BBQ ribs.  That was one thing we were not willing to give up was the big spread so we are BBQing 20 lbs of ribs and some fresh veggies. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter filled with the spirit and good company.  I miss you all terribly as I do EVERY holiday lately.  Happy Easter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up