HOO-CHIE-MAMA

There was a time in my life when I would look at mom's with their kiddos in tow with very critical eyes.  I would see a little girl wearing her church shoes (with socks), and a pair of jeans, and a shirt that was way too big for her or had a stain on it and think, my children will NEVER go out in public like that.  Or I would see some little boy wearing his swim trunks in Target, or a little girl with her hair a complete mess (or heaven forbid mismatched hair bows!!!) and think doesn't their mother love them.  

Well I am here to confess that I have slipped a little in my old age.  I have been known to let the children wear Halloween costumes to the store in July.  I have let O go running errands with me with her hair not even combed from the night before.  K has gone to school in mismatched socks, and even with holes in her jeans (which I try to catch before they leave, I do have some dignity left).  

We do have some rules in our house about appearance.  O MUST have her hair combed on school days and church days, I really don't like them having holes in their clothing, they must be modest and dressed for the weather.  Other than that it's free reign.  My philosophy is, "If they dress themselves it's one less thing that I have to do"!  

So as I left for the store yesterday I couldn't resist taking a picture of O in her "ensemble".  Note that everything she owns that is leopard print is on her body!  Oh, and I had to pull the skirt down to where it is now, her panties were showing before!  Man am I in trouble.

Comments

Midwest Keech said…
Lucky you. - We're still in the "But I CAN'T do it myself!" stage. (even though they really can, for the most part)

It's great that you've come to this realization, though. I mean, I have chosen to battle over the outfit before. Trust me- NOT worth it. (as long as it covers everything)
Mary said…
This is so relevant for me right now -- Ibby has been wearing THE funniest outfits to school all week and I have just been biting my tongue (red patterned t-shirt w/ fuchsia tye-dye capris for example -- I can't remember the rest they were too strange!). Then this morning Lucy, who should know better, looked like a German tourist with bermudas and knee socks and I just had to say something. She called me on how I let Ibby dress. I guess age doesn't matter.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up