How Smart is Your Baby?
I mentioned before that when I was pregnant with C there was another woman in my ward that was also pregnant. It was not one of those fun situations where you compare baby names and swap stories of morning sickness, and heartburn. It was a competition. I was not competing it was my third child, she was competing, it was her first. She was determined that her baby was going to be smarter than mine, and frankly smarter than anyone elses on earth for that matter.

We invited them over for an Easter get together. In California our Easter Sunday's were a huge deal. Not only did we have family over but also tons of friends from our ward. On average there were 50-60 people at our party. So, this particular Easter this woman and I, let's call her Jane (that's not her real name) were both pregnant. She brought a little sound device that attached to her belly and "taught" her baby lessons in the womb. Jane insisted that I wear this device for about a 1/2 hour during my party. I was mortified! My family still laughs about that day.
As I'm writing this I remember so many other things that she competed with me about. I was put in the hospital about a month and a half before C was born, and it was touch and go for a few days, we thought they were going to have to take him c-section, and I was going to have to have major surgery. Needless to say that did not happen but Jane got wind of this and was determined to have her baby before me so she was induced about a week later, per her request.
Both babies came and they were both just babies. Hers did not come out speaking or walking. Mine did not come out dumb or stupid. Jane and her family moved shortly after the boys were born and I was relieved to not have that constant comparison hanging over me. Who needs that pressure?
Long story short this cartoon reminded me of her. I hope she is well and doesn't read my blog!

Just as a side not C was born a month after her son and C was potty trained first!
Comments
Makes me feel better everytime
My claim-to-fame? - 4 c-sections.