Sometimes It's Scary When It All Clicks!
C and O were having a conversation about the baby the other day. They were fighting about what kind of milk it will drink. O was convinced that milk came from cows and that's how the baby was going to get fed. C and I had talked a few days ago about mommy having milk for the baby in her "boobs". He was upset that O would not agree with him. He came running in to make sure he was right before forcing the issue on her more.
C: "Mom the baby is gonna drink milk from you right?"
Me: " Yes, C"
C: "Yeah, you make the milk and put it in a bottle and the baby drinks it"
Me: "No, C that's not how it happens"
Insert me having the talk about what the correct term for "boobs" is. They are called breasts!
Also insert me telling C how the baby is going to get the milk out... (crickets chirping)... I swear the look on his face was priceless! He started kinda freaking out. Not like crying just jumping all around saying "EEEWWWW". It was hysterical. Then came the inevitable, "I did that too?"
It's so funny when things start to "click" in their brains. It's particularly funny when things start to click with the older kids that you've had "the talk" with. So FUNNY!
Comments
When I had J I wondered what K would think about the whole nursing thing. She just pulled her shirt up and started feeding her babies the same way.
Happy birthday Kelsey I hope it was a special day!!