Fishing at the Park
We had our first fishing trip of the year last night. I say we but in actuality it was Chris and the kids. I just sit back and watch mostly because the thought of worms being cut in half and skewered on hooks really grosses me out.
The girls are proficient worm assassins, and C is working on it. I don't have any pictures I forgot the camera at home during the mad rush out the door. We took another family with us and had a picnic dinner first then fished. Chris was the official "kid helper" he really didn't get to do much actual fishing just baited hooks and untangled lines. At one point K was baiting her friend's hook and O asked her to bait hers since she was already doing it. O asked very loudly, "Is K the hooker?" I almost wet my pants laughing so hard, now K wants to know what a hooker is.
It was actually colder than I had expected, we all wore sweat shirts and I wrapped in a blanket (this Illinois weather is hard on my thin blood). There were Canadian Geese everywhere, either with goslings in tow or sitting on nests. You had to be careful where you stepped because of all the goose poo, and the protective male geese. At one point C was chased by one and came running back hysterically crying, I of course laughed my head off. You would have thought the goose had caught him, beat him with it's wings, and pulled off an appendage.
I love the warmer months when we can go to the park and fish. Can't wait until next time.
Comments