A Fun Couple of Weeks
On Friday O had a kindergarten picnic at school. Chris actually got to take the day off and volunteer with me, it was the first time he had done that and I hope he can do it more. Kindergartner's are so cute, they tell you the funniest things, I don't know how teachers make it through the day without busting a gut. 105 6 year olds pretty much ran around a huge park for 5 hours while slews of adults prepared mounds of food, and refilled 3, 5 gallon water jugs about a million times. The line leading to the water "trough" was never ending. O had a fabulous time and only got a little sun burned.
For Memorial Day Weekend we went camping with several families in our ward. It is a yearly tradition that some have started. We went the first year we lived here but were unable to go last year and were really excited when they invited us again. We stayed 2 nights Saturday and Sunday, and came home Monday. The kids had a blast, all of their friends were there. I think the kids out numbered us 3 to 1 but what do you expect at a Mormon gathering? There were only a couple of mishaps, which mostly included C. He had a rough weekend but was a trooper and didn't whine much, notice I say "much". First off he went fishing at the lake that we camped by. The dock they were fishing from was a floating dock. Well long story short, Chris stepped one way and C went flying off the dock into the GREEN water. He could not touch where he was and doesn't know how to swim. Luckily, Chris was right there and grabbed him up. He only went under for a few seconds and actually kept his head above water pretty well. He also never let go of his fishing pole! He did smack his head on the way down and got a cute little bruise. I happened to snap a picture after the fact (I wasn't there for the real thing) of him dripping wet.
Comments
My fave pic is the last one. Great one of father & son.