My Mom

I don't know if my own mother really reads this blog.  I think it's hit or miss for most of the time, which is OK, we probably don't need another blog addicted woman in our midst (or do we??).  Most of the time I report on what's going on with us in general, but today I want to post about my mom (I'll send her an e-mail so she will know to read it today).  

In our family we were never the smooshy, huggy, kissy, lovey type.  Actually this blog thing may work out well, I can express my feelings without blubbering like an idiot on the phone!  However I knew I was loved.  Maybe it was the way Dad always called me "Girl Child", or the way mom always made a big fuss when something exciting was going on in my life, I don't know, but they always made me feel comfortable.  My mom was a great friend growing up.  I always felt OK asking her the most embarrassing questions, most of which came up the day before my wedding, and I felt I could tell her anything.  Actually truth be known I was a pretty good kid, borderline angel child.  (Seriously I never did anything wrong, ask her she'll back me up).  That is until we moved to Illinois.  

I just want her to know that even though we are 2000+ miles apart she is with me every day!  She actually hates mother's day which I think is funny cuz I think she is a great mom, and I parent in much the same way, with a few of my own changes mixed in.  I know we had our rough patches right after we moved here but I think that both of us have grown a lot in the last 3 years and I personally think our relationship is stronger now than before.  That may seem strange but somehow it makes sense to me.  

Anyway enough sappy, weepy stuff here are some fun facts about my mom:

1. Her favorite color is green
2. She hates cats... they seem to pee all over her house
3. She loves to read 
4. Her first kiss was Gregg Bell at Disney Land when she was a teenager
5. She got married in High School, she was 17 and going to be a senior, she's been with Dad ever since.
7. She has one older brother
8. When I was a girl scout and she was a leader she could double dutch and I couldn't (I was more than a little jealous)
9. For our 4th year hike for girls camp she let us ride on the tail gate of our truck and she drove us up the trail.
10. She's always wanted a tattoo
11. When I was in high school she went to "19" and I don't think I ever did. (only you KVHS graduates will know what I mean) 
12. Sometimes for young women activities we would toilet paper houses (she was our leader)
13. In high school she wore mini skirts, the kind I hound my young women about now.
14. She taught me how to sew
15. She is the reason I love Relief Society
16. She makes the best Chicken Chili Casserole, and guacamole EVER!
17. She is the reason I have big feet (sorry Mom it had to come up) although mine are bigger!
18. She is very patient when Dad has to stop at EVERY historical marker on a trip and read it word for word!
19. On family trips she would tell Dad that she had to stop and pee again even though it was usually me.
20.  She always has advice, she's a mom for heaven sake!

So those are a few fun facts about my mom.  I hope that she has a great day and can remember that she must not have done too bad, she does have me for goodness sake!!!!

Love you Mom.

Comments

Karrie said…
I plan on stopping at every historical marker and taking a picture of my kids standing next to it. Just so I can have a reputation amongst them with the eye rolling and "isn't mom so weird?" ...because I'm bored.
Whacky Wheelers said…
David stops at every marker too . . . aauugghh! Happy Mommy's Day! I hope to grow up and be just like you!
Katie and Luke said…
I love your mom too! :) I loved having her as a YW leader and when I think back to being a beehive and church I think of her and Shelli Dali. Those were such good times. Girl's Camp was also so much fun because of your mom.
Mary said…
Your mom sounds great and I am sure that I would like her if she is like you.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up