The Passing of the Torch
A big change happened this Sunday for me and my family, I was released as the Young Women's President in my ward. I was the YW Pres for almost 2 years, and was in the presidency before that for about 7 months. I had so much fun in that calling. The girls I worked with are great, and they have grown so much in the last 2 years. It was great getting to know them and learning a lot from them too. I truly believe that sometimes people are put into calling for their own progression, and I feel this calling has helped me be a better and different person than I was before. I know I made my share of mistakes, who doesn't, but if anyone ever questions my dedication to those girls or my calling, they have no idea what they are talking about. YW president is just about the hardest calling I have ever had, and I've been Relief Society President, so that's saying a lot.
I will miss the girls, but I am looking forward to more time with my family, and going to Relief Society for a while...hopefully. The new president kept my counselors, which surprised me but also made me happy. You could tell that they are not ready to move on, and still have that excitement and spark that needs to be there when you are teaching youth.
I'm not sure what Heavenly Father has in store for me, I'm hoping for a break, and time to focus on just having baby #4.
Comments
I'll miss you. It'll be weird a bit without you there.