I may give birth to a Foot Ball Player!

This is a baby update, for anyone who is interested. I just had a check up today and found out that my baby is measuring 3 weeks bigger than he should be... No surprise there right? So I guess I'll have to get my butt in gear a little faster and make room for this kiddo.

Comments

Willow said…
If it makes you feel any better, Zachary (and Christopher) measured 10 weeks further along. I had several ultrasounds to rule out cists of any kind, I had ultrasounds to check for twins, I had tons of blood sugar tests (the good kind were you have your blood drawn, and then go eat breakfast... no nasty glucose water), and in the end the doc just decided that he would be a big baby.

Labor was all natural and fast (less than 2 hours) and all was well. BUT-- If you have a chance and are not opposed, GET AN EPIDURAL!!

When I lamented to my doctor about having a moose of a child, his response was "don't worry, bigger babies always sleep better than the little ones." All my kids have been pretty good sized and they have all be very good sleepers. So, while he may be a football star later, here's hoping you too get a sleepy little baby. =)
The Queen Bee said…
I am not a newbie at this big baby thing. K (my first) was 11 lbs and 23 1/2 inches long. And I went natural. O was my smallest at 9lbs 6oz. They were all natural. So I guess that if he comes out a football player I should be used to it by now, but none of them ever measured this much farther along this soon. K was my biggest and worst sleeper, she just needed to eat more often than the others I think.
Whacky Wheelers said…
It's from all that southern food you've been eating lately! BTW . . . I think Bubba is a good name for the baby. :)
Karrie said…
Love your vacay details of the south... must get some bbq soon! (Although, I do love me some Basque food, and that's only a drive down the mountain!)

Good luck with with your gigantic baby! :) You are a very tall girl, so you have lots of room in there for him to grow. I called you "girl"... does that make you feel young? Hey, I'm just here to help...
The Queen Bee said…
Thanks Karrie, that did make me feel better since at every turn during this pregnancy people are always reminding me that I'm "older now". YUCK!

Julie, I think you are right about the food not the name. Although K does call C "Buboos" it's pretty cute.
Normal Mom said…
My sister is measuring almost 3 weeks small- it's her first. We blame it on my brother in law's tiny little legs.
He'll be a cutie, just like his brother, I'm sure.
Anonymous said…
I seemed to measure bigger and bigger with each child. Each child was alittle bigger as well. I just hope for you that lil man is a good sleeper!! After several years of good sleep it is interesting going back.......but worth it of course! I can't stinkin' wait for this lil man to be born!! No pressure! LOL :-)

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up